posted on June 18, 2012 10:28
Ministry: Arundel Christian Church
City: Glen Burnie, MD
Position: Pastor of Involvement
Ministry Posting Date: 6/18/2012
Arundel Christian Church is seeking a Pastor of Involvement. The Pastor of Involvement serves in partnership with the Executive Pastor and Lead Pastor to develop, implement and oversee a structure that moves people from a first-‐time attender to a fully-devoted, mature follower of Christ.
The Pastor of Involvement is expected to contribute to the team spirit through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, while serving our Lord Jesus Christ and His Church.
Purpose: The Pastor of Involvement will work to create environments and ministry opportunities that fulfill the mission of Arundel Christian Church, leading people to live out our five strategies:
1. Worship – Loving God
2. Connect – Creating Spiritual Family
3. Grow – Chasing Spiritual Maturity
4. Serve – Bearing Each Other’s Burdens
5. Give – As You Have Been Blessed
1. Create and implement a strategic plan to foster Biblical community within the congregation.
- Create various environments that will develop a “sense of belonging in each person that is connected to ACC; i.e. –LifeGroups HomeGroups, Affinity Groups, Educational Groups, Accountability Groups, etc....
- Communicate via multiple media platforms the life change that is happening in environments to create a “sense of togetherness”; i.e. – including, but not limited to testimonies, videos, and appropriate social networking formats.
- Create a system to assist each person in the discovery of their spiritual giftedness with the ultimate goal to serve on a ministry team.
2. Create and implement a strategic plan to reach out into the Glen Burnie community and beyond.
- Develop and oversee approaches for ACC to reach beyond the church property to make a difference for Christ in Glen Burnie and her communities to draw people to become fully devoted, mature followers of Christ.
- Implement and oversee a plan that moves all people through the process of Worship, Connect, Grow, Serve, and Give.
- Plan with our Ministry Team Coordinators to create continuity between ministries in the growth process from birth to maturity.
3. Work with Ministry Team Coordinators to recruit, train, and empower people for service.
4. Continually study, research, and assist in the development of relevant cutting edge involvement opportunities that would be influenced by culture changes and generational groups.
5. Implement a standard of measure to evaluate the effectiveness of all ministries
6. Responsible for and oversight of involvement ministry budget with the Executive Pastor.
7. Performs weddings and funeral duties as circumstances and demands dictate.
8. Assist with Creative Elements Team, as needed, to ensure our congregants get the ultimate Sunday experience.
9. Preaching as necessary under direction of Lead Pastor. Personal dedication in the following key areas:
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Passion for growing people into mature disciples of Jesus Christ
- Passion for teaching of God’s word
- Measured success with declared spiritual gifts
- Moral and ethical integrity
- Responsible for own personal, spiritual, and ministry health and growth.
- Sets and maintains appropriate boundaries – (work, relational, emotional)
- Attends worship regularly
- To be available to people before and after services as other duties allow
- Pursues opportunities for growth and renewal
- Ask that all staff and leadership at ACC support the church with their tithes
It is encouraged that the candidate has at least 5 years experience in leadership (ministry or non-‐ministry related).
Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required. (Extensive ministry experience, in some cases, can be substituted.) The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic and ability to administrate as a department head. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office, database (Church Community Builder), and other related applications is preferred.
There must be an emphasis in the following key areas:
- Passion to reach into secular groups and organizations to make a difference
- Proven understanding how to develop people to become mature disciples of Jesus Christ
- Ability to teach God’s Word creatively
- Development of Ministry Team Members by creating opportunities for Biblical community through spiritual formation, shepherding, and leadership.
- Strategic and visionary thinking Organization and Relationships The Pastor of Involvement will report directly to the Executive Pastor at Arundel Christian Church.
This position will collaborate with the Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor, as well as the overall leadership team. Team interaction, dynamics and culture are a critical part of who we are.
If you feel like we just described you and you meet the minimal requirements listed in the job description above, please email your cover letter, resume along with personal references and links to any of your audio or video sermons to Jennifer Dunning at email@example.com.
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer three questions:
1. Why are you interested in this position?
2. How would you describe a successful pastor? How would you describe a successful church?
3. What about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 (Compensation commensurate with experience)